Become a FriendThe Acorn needs Friends to help it grow.
Following the adoption of our new business model, we’ve gone from strength to strength, thanks to the support and loyalty of our patrons and our great volunteers. We’ve hosted over 300 events and welcomed 30,000 people through our doors. We’ve had some amazing performances from international bands to community nights and hosted comedians, entertainers, musicians and theatre performances that were simply unforgettable.
As well as public performances, we also host weekly classes in performing arts for children and adults, provide rehearsal space for theatre companies and bands, work with schools and colleges to create performance experiences for students and open our doors to showcase local groups. And we’re also a venue for parties, weddings and wakes! Plus we work with other arts and community organisations on wider projects to help fill our town with vibrant, creative activities for all.
Penzance is at the heart of what we do-
Please help us keep The Acorn at the heart of Penzance
We know you love our beautiful theatre, so please consider becoming a Friend and join a critical group of supporters whose annual gifts help us keep delivering quality productions to the widest possible audiences and give us the opportunity to explore new ventures and ideas.
Why Become a Friend?
- You’ll be showing your support for The Acorn and the work we do.
- You’ll be investing in the future of live performance in Cornwall.
- Your support will make a huge difference.
How Much Does It Cost?
From small acorns giant oak trees are grown. A minimum annual subscription of £25 per year will go a long way towards securing the future of live performance in Penzance and help us to access new ventures in performance art for our area. There are options to pay annually or monthly, and of course gift-aid can be claimed to further enlarge your contribution.
What Do You Get?
- An annual membership card
- Your support publicly acknowledged on our website (if you so wish)
- A regular newsletter with the chance to make priority bookings
- The opportunity to reserve a specific seat
- The chance to hire the Acorn at special “mates rates”
- We will hold one or two events a year dedicated to and especially for our “Friends”
- Have the chance to meet the programming team and make suggestions for events
- The knowledge that you are a part of the continuing story of this remarkable theatre.
The torch has been handed to us to carry The Acorn story forward for future generations of performers and audiences in Cornwall. Become a Friend and help us shine out in the years to come.
The Acorn Theatre
Registered Company No: 1587249
Registered Charity No: 283545